OUR SAFETY CULTURE
We strive for continuous improvement of our safety culture, one where all employees use safe work practices and procedures not only for their own personal health and safety at work and home but also for the safety of coworkers, customers, guests, vendors, and communities.
Leo Kob Co.’s Safety Committee meets Pennsylvania’s criteria to maintain its certification. Safety and health initiatives were established by the Safety Committee and approved by management as follows:
- Employee Engagement – Promote two-way communications with employees and grow their interest and involvement in safety and health issues.
- Raise Awareness and Knowledge – Educate managers, foreman and employees through awareness activities, and training.
- Instinctive Safety Mindset – Ensure safety and health activities are a fundamental part of the Company’s culture, operations, and activities.
- Safety Resource – Provide resources for all employees to turn to when they are faced with a health and/or safety problem.
- Openness – Create opportunities for the free discussion of safety and health problems and solutions.
- Injury Prevention – Reduce the risk of injury and illness.
- Compliance – Ensure the Company’s compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations and standards.
Leo Kob Co. employees are empowered to stop an unsafe act or condition until it is resolved.
GOLD STEP SAFETY AWARD ACHIEVED
Congratulations to all Leo Kob Co. employees! This year is the first year Leo Kob Co. achieved an ABC GOLD STEP Safety Award.
ABC, Inc. is a national construction trade association that has been studying how to improve safety through STEP since 1989. STEP which has 24 key leading indicators that are proven to improve safety performance and the criteria that indicates best practices. Companies who apply for STEP achieve an ABC recognition level of Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze.
Leo Kob Co. maintains a skilled, safe, and able workforce in part, through employee training on the following topics and much more.
- Safety Committee
- OSHA 10 Hour
- Basic First Aid
- CPR Certification
- Fire Extinguisher
- Confined Space Certification
- Ladder (Step and Extension)
- Fall Arrest Harness
- Distracted Driving Awareness
- Forklift Certification
- Rough Terrain Forklift Certification
- Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (Arial & Scissor Lifts) Certification